kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Find Out Why Christine B. Danced for ECDM!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Image Source: Emmanuel College Dance Marathon

This year, Her Campus at Emmanuel ran a table at the Emmanuel College Dance Marathon on Sunday, March 31st. The attendees wrote letters to the kids of Boston Children’s Hospital with colorful markers and stickers! We also interviewed some of the dancers to get to know why they dance For The Kids!

Name/Major: Christine B. is a first year at Emmanuel College. She’s majoring in Biology.

Dance Marathon Year: This was Christine’s first time dancing at the Emmanuel College Dance Marathon.

What does Dance Marathon mean to you: To Christine, raising money for BCH and dancing in ECDM means supporting those who may not be as lucky as we are, to serve themselves.

What has been different about Dance Marathon than you originally expected: Christine said there was much more actual dancing at ECDM than she thought, but it was fun!

Why do you dance For The Kids: Christine dances For The Kids because she was a kid who spent too many birthdays in the hospital, so she wants to give the same love and support back that she received!

What’s next: Christine wants to do more fundraising for BCH at the Emmanuel College Dance Marathon!

Stay tuned for more ECDM themed content this week as we celebrate raising $100,000 for the kids!

Ashley is a senior studying English Communications and Media Studies at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently, she acts as the President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Emmanuel chapter. In the past, she acted as the Public Relations Director for the 2017-2018 year. She loves all things PR and in her spare time enjoys watching cute ads on Youtube.
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!