Wellness

ECDM First-Year Nadel Henville’s Experience Dancing for the Kids!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Nestled in the Fens of Boston, sits a small private college amidst a handful of other universities. For a student population of just under 2,000 undergraduates, Emmanuel College sure knows how to make a big impact on others lives.

On March 30th, first-year student Nadel H. got a taste of what it’s like to participate in one of Emmanuel College’s biggest prides – the annual Emmanuel College Dance Marathon, a large fundraising initiative with a mission to bring smiles and fun to the Boston Children’s Hospital. This year, thanks to donors, families, and their peers, they raised $100,148.38.

As a freshman WEP/Theater major, this sort of shindig was up her alley, as the 12 hour event is filled with team spirit, dancing, and good times.

What does Dance Marathon mean to you?

Dance Marathon is an opportunity to give to an amazing cause and give some sense of security to the children at the hospital who are going through so much.

What has been different about Dance Marathon than you originally expected?

I was surprised by the amount of activities within the whole event all night, I also was not expecting the bursts of energy.

Why do you dance For The Kids?

Children hold a special place in my heart and this is one way I hope I can care for them through fundraising and participating in Dance Marathon.

What’s next?

I will be doing Dance Marathon again next year!

Like many of the other participants and donors of the 2019 ECDM, Emmanuel College freshman Nadel is eager to fundraise even more money next time around and bring more happiness to the patients at Boston Children’s Hospital!

Jamie is a senior Communication & Media Studies major with a minor in Graphic Design at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently she is concentrating her studies in PR and digital media. She serves as the PR Director for the HerCampus Emmanuel chapter.
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!