This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Image courtesy of Emmanuel College Dance Marathon

The annual Emmanuel College dance marathon (EDCM) is a 12 hour event specifically to raise money for children in need. Universities and colleges around the country participate to raise money for children In need. Emmanuel College, though, has always been one of the top colleges to raise the most money. The 2019 ECDM contributed $100,148.38 to Boston Children’s Hospital to make sure kids are happy and healthy.

Her Campus at emmanuel interviewed a few committed ECDM students, who attended this year’s marathon, to find out why it’s important that they participate!

Name/Year/Major

Ari B, first year, studying psychology and biology

Dance Marathon year?

This is Ari’s first Dance Marathon!

What does Dance Marathon mean to you?

I dance for the kids, because a very close family member of mine was severely burned when they were young, and had to spend months at the children’s hospital. I want to support those who may have gone through a similar experience and all the other patients out there.

What’s next?

I’m planning on participating next year,  hopefully as a group team leader! 

Like Ari, many people are surprised by how positive, passionate, and caring people are about dance marathon. Each leader and member of the marathon try very hard to make everything about the kids, because in the end that’s what this is all about. They’re the ones who need us. 

Thank you Ari, for participating in this year’s ECDM! We can’t wait to see what next year has in store for you. 

Rosemary murphy

Emmanuel '20

Rosemary is currently enrolled as a senior at Emmanuel College in Boston. She is involved on campus and enjoys exploring the city in her free time. After graduation, she hopes to move up in the editing and publishing world.
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!