Wellness

Difference Maker Colleen Flanagan’s Experience Dancing FTK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Image courtesy of Emmanuel College

This past weekend on March 30th, Emmanuel College proudly hosted their 2019 Dance Marathon supporting the Children’s Miracle Network and raised over $100, 000. Many of the students, myself included, dedicated more than just 12 hours of non-stop dancing for the kids; in fact, a significant portion of the efforts occured for months beforehand, raising funds, creating teams and planning for the actual marathon event. That being said all of the efforts leading up to the event made for a truly spectacular and meaningful night.

Colleen Flanagan, first year student, management / healthcare major and biology minor, was kind enough to talk to us about her experience. Here is what she had to say about EC Dance Marathon.

Dance Marathon year (first, second…?)

First

What does Dance Marathon mean to you?

Supporting kids at Boston Children’s Hospital who deserve the world

What has been different about Dance Marathon than you originally expected?

The energy throughout the night has been amazing and headphone disco was awesome

Why do you dance for the kids?

To fight for our little neighbors down the street

What’s next?

Getting more involved besides fundraising next year

Thank you Colleen for sharing and to all of my fellow college students and difference makers out there, Children’s Miracle Network is truly an amazing and beautiful organization to be a part of so, definitely check it out! If you are interested in joining the fight against terminal illnesses in children, get involved at your university or outside of it.

Elise Kline

Emmanuel '20

Elise is currently studying as an undergraduate at Emmanuel College in Boston with a major in Communications & Media Studies. This is her third year with Her Campus and she is more than ready to adventure into another year of all things related to politics, social justice, empowerment, lifestyle and more! She loves writing, watching rom coms and kickboxing!
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!