Style

Charity and Style: How Bravebands are Making a Difference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

If you love giving back and looking cute while doing it, Bravebands is the business to support! Bravebands is a small business run by a couple who are giving back to children’s hospitals.  Nate and Jess started Bravebands after Nate was deployed to Japan for the military. Due to the move, Jess was unable to continue working as a Certified Child Life Specialist and help hospitalized children and their family get the help they need. To fill the gap in her heart about helping children, she had the idea for Bravebands!

Bravebands are headbands or bunbands that with every item sold, part of the proceeds go to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals! Jess makes them herself, so each braveband is made with love! Every month they select a different children’s hospital to donate part of their proceeds so they are able to help many children everywhere!

Another amazing aspect of Bravebands is that they partner up with Dance Marathon programs all over the country! Dance Marathon programs all over the country can partner up with students to form fundraisers where the students sell the bravebands and part of the proceeds go to their final total! Emmanuel College Dance Marathon is currently doing a fundraiser partnership with Bravebands and we even have our own page! If you buy one of the bravebands on our page, part of the proceeds goes back to Emmanuel College Dance Marathon and help Boston Children’s Hospital! You get a super cute headband and you are helping the kids! See below for all the options on our page!

If you love one of these bravebands, check out our fundraiser!

Bravebands is as a great way to help support children’s hospital and look cute while doing it. Their mission to help fund research, equipment, and a better quality of life for the families in the hospital. It’s important to remember that helping these hospital is helping kids who have their childhood completely altered.  If you are looking out for a cute headband, give Bravebands a shot. You’ll be super stylin’ and giving back to a community that could use all the help it can get. Do it for the kids!

Hannah Lynam

Emmanuel '19

Hannah Lynam is currently an undergraduate at Emmanuel College with a major in Biology: Health Sciences. This is her third year as part of Her Campus and she is more than excited to eat more Georgetown Cupcakes, go to fashion shows, and spend time with her chapter! She has a deep obsession with seals, sweets, and all things L.L. Bean!
Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!