Dr. Mary Boyd on the big screen at Fenway Park after throwing the first pitch on her Inauguration Day as Emmanuel President at the Red Sox Game
Original photo by Charlotte Ciampa
Life > Experiences

Celebrating Inauguration At Fenway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

This past Friday, April 14th, Emmanuel students had the opportunity to celebrate the inauguration of our 13th president Dr. Mary K. Boyd! The event was celebrated all day on the Emmanuel campus with incredible guest speakers, amazing musical performances on the quad, and free food and merch as far as the eye could see. Combined with the amazing sunny weather, I’ve never seen the quad so full of people! 

An added perk of the day was the opportunity for Emmanuel students to register for a free ticket to the Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels game that same night! Mary Boyd was the special guest at the game as she was throwing the first pitch to celebrate her inauguration. Emmanuel students and staff took to the bleachers and filled out multiple sections in support of our new president. 

Original photo by Charlotte Ciampa

The energy was high at the game, especially when Dr. Boyd threw the first pitch straight across the home plate! The Emmanuel crowd certainly made themselves hard to ignore, especially when Dr. Boyd returned to her seat amongst the students. The chanting of her name was so loud that even the players that had just begun to play on the field were turning around to see what all the commotion was! 

To top off an incredible day of celebrating the new president, students and faculty in the stands got to enjoy a home run by Boston’s own Rafael Devers, the iconic Sweet Caroline sing-along, some Emmanuel students featured in the big screen dance battle, and finally, a 5-4 victory for the Red Sox! 

It was a truly incredible and fun day at Fenway, and I couldn’t think of a better way to honor Dr. Boyd’s inauguration. 

A group of Emmanuel College students at Fenway Park for the Red Sox game after Mary Boyd\'s Inauguration
Original photo by Charlotte Ciampa
Currently pursuing a Communications and Media Studies major and Marketing and Global and Public Health minor at Emmanuel College, with a specific interest in Healthcare Communications. 2021-22 Public Relations and Events Coordinator and 2022-23 President for the Emmanuel chapter.