freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Belated Valentine’s Day Brunch Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

It happens to the best of us. Valentine’s Day is just another one of those holidays that slips our mind at the last second. So, what can you do to make up for it? One of the best ways to make up for a lack of Valentine’s festivities is, always, food! Here are our top 4 belated Valentine’s Day brunch ideas for the procrastinating couple, or for us gals who deserve to treat ourselves!

1. Belgian Waffles and Strawberry Syrup

Belgian waffles are always a classic, top ‘em off with fresh strawberry hearts, strawberry syrup, and lots of whipped cream, and you’re in there!

2. Strawberry & Nutella French Toast Roll Ups

This one sounds more difficult than it is, make some french toast (toast some egg soaked cinnamon bread, you’ve got this), flatten it out, and smear it with nutella, toss in some fresh strawberries, and roll her up! Super festive and super yummy!

3. Raspberry Smoothie Bowls

Blend 1 cup of raspberries, coconut milk, a banana, ice, almond butter, and 1 tsp of honey together until it’s as thick or as smooth as you’d like. Then, top off your bowl with some vanilla granola, strawberries, raspberries, and some shredded coconut. Adorable and delish!  

Photo courtesy of makingfoodmymedicine on Instagram

4. Red Velvet Crepes

This is a recipe for some of us more. . . experienced home chefs! First, you’re gonna need two bowls (One for wet ingredients, one for dry). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cocoa powder in one, then milk, vanilla, melted butter, sugar, and red food coloring in the other! Next, combine both for the perfect crepe batter! Remember, crepes are just flat pancakes, so don’t overdo it with the amount of batter you put on the skillet. Could make for some chunky crepes, and no one wants that! Then, top with anything from chocolate drizzle to sliced fruit!

Photo/recipe courtesy of tasteandtellblog.com

Skip the apologies this year, and surprise your Valentine with any one of these delicious brunch ideas! They won’t even remember that you’re lowkey a slacker who can’t keep your holidays straight. It’s going to be fabulous, good luck!

Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime! 
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.