This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Influencers have been posting their visits to the American Girl store and cafe to their socials leading to the company gaining attention and traction. Harry Hill and friends visited the store with their dolls and documented their experience on social media, inspiring other adult collectors. 

As an adult collector, I decided to experience the store for myself. I visited the New York City location over spring break to celebrate my birthday and—of course—had to stop at the cafe. The decorations on the inside are absolutely adorable, featuring the iconic pink shade, flowers, and a garden tea party scene with dolls. All of the staff were exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. Servers were friendly and paid close attention to allergies. The meal included a welcome starter of cinnamon buns, appetizers, drink, entree, and dessert along with a doll-sized plate and cup set that customers keep. 

The menu was small but had a range of entrees that would fit both adult’s and children’s tastes. While some portion sizes were small, it made sense since the store is aimed towards children. Everything was delicious and fit the theme well. The dessert was an excellent chocolate mousse designed as a flower pot. Overall, the service and the taste of the food were very good. The price was high, but worth it for the experience. 

If you love dolls, or just want some childhood nostalgia, I highly suggest the cafe and store. The Love Shack Fancy x American Girl collab is to die for!

Noelle Natale

Emmanuel '23

Noelle is a junior at Emmanuel College studying English with a minor in Chemistry. She loves sewing, arts and crafts, and collecting. You can usually find her reading a good book or planning a new craft project!