This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Out of all the seasons, fall is for sure one of my favorites. I think that growing up in New England makes it even more special. It is perfect, because the weather is crisp and the best for that cozy sweater you’ve been waiting all summer to wear. Along with sweaters comes soft fuzzy socks, scarves and soft jackets. Growing up I used to love the leaves changing and raking them when they would fall on top of the grass. My siblings and I would rake the largest piles possible, spending endless hours jumping in. There are countless activities that I love during this time of the year and they never get old. Here are some of my favorites!

• Fall Shows/Movies

There are always exciting shows and movies to watch during fall, especially with Halloween coming up! I always lean towards all of the Disney Channel Originals for movies, they have great options. My go-to’s are always the Halloweentown series, Twitches and Girl vs. Monster. The Disney shows have some funny episodes as well; I always go back to the one from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody where there is the haunted room in the hotel. It is such a chaotic episode, but it is just the best; I never get sick of it. Along with these, I love to watch Gilmore Girls, as it is just perfect for fall. It is one of my comfort shows; the characters can be so relatable at times, and Stars Hollow always has something happening. 

• Baking

I love to bake in general, but this season definitely sparks my interests in it even more. I tend to gravitate towards recipes that are fresh with apples or pumpkin. I made an apple crisp a couple weeks ago and it was AMAZING. I made a homemade filling with the apples, sugar, cinnamon, flour, and added a fresh crumble on top. Baking is a relaxing activity for me as well. I enjoy standing there measuring everything out and mixing it all to get the final results! It feels rewarding to have made a dessert and to be able to share it with others, too. I like to bake cookies, brownies, cakes, cupcakes, pies, crumbles and anything else that I come across. There is a lot that I see during this time, because of all the unique and exciting recipes that align with fall. It can be stressful or time consuming at moments, but definitely take a chance and bake when you have the chance to relax!

• Trying Seasonal Drinks

I am obsessed with drinks that launch in the fall! Starbucks and Dunkin always pull through when it comes to this. I mean, who doesn’t like a flavorful pumpkin coffee?! The pumpkin cold foam is especially *chefs kiss* when it comes to the additions to the menu! If you are not a fan of pumpkin, Starbucks has a caramel apple macchiato available. I enjoy trying the local places around Boston, too; there are so many cute places to check out. It is nice to support local businesses and try new drinks to find the best one! I have not had the time to try fall drinks at other places yet other than these two, but it is definitely on my agenda. Coffee is a way to treat yourself as well; remember to focus on self-care and get a tasty beverage to add some excitement to your day!

• Apple Picking

When I say I love apple picking, I really LOVE it! There is so much to the experience that makes it wholesome. Not only are there apples to pick, but sweets to buy at the farms, apple cider, apple crisp and pie, and cute pictures to take. I always love the hayrides to the trees because it adds to the experience. My family and I have always gone apple picking at a place called Berlin Orchards in Berlin, MA, and it is the best. They have the cutest farm animals to visit, pumpkins and a country store to buy food in! The apple crisp there is amazing, but you have to get there earlier in the day or it will sell out. I went apple picking a few weeks ago and it was great! I loved being with my family, outside on a beautiful day and taking pictures of the scenery. This activity is a MUST, so go if you can!

• Watching the Leaves Change

New England is especially unique because of the changing of the leaves during the season. As it hits the middle of September and October the leaves slowly turn into warm colors. They consist of various shades of reds, oranges, yellows, browns and golds. It really is a beautiful sight to witness and experience. I can already see the leaves changing from my view on the eleventh floor of my building and I love it! It is even better to get out of Massachusetts to see the leaves; I have heard that it is gorgeous to see the trees up in Vermont and New Hampshire! There is a smell to the leaves as well; I can’t explain what it exactly is, but I like it. It is almost like grass when it is freshly cut, but there is more of a crisp chill in the air. I can’t imagine fall without seeing the leaves change, or not living here; it would feel wrong not to experience it all. 

• Breaking Out the Cozy Clothes

Personally, I find fall to be the best season when it comes to the weather! It is perfect because it is not too hot or cold, the temperature is just right. In Boston there is usually a high in the fifties or sixties, so it is manageable. Most of the time you can wear jeans with a sweater or long sleeve shirt, feeling okay and not sweating too much. I LOVE sweater weather; being comfy and fashionable is always the best of both worlds. I enjoy removing my summer clothes from my wardrobe and adding in all my staple sweaters, along with my new ones! Don’t forget about fuzzy socks, hoodies and fluffy jackets; those pieces are always great. Buy that sweater you have been eyeing the past few weeks or go thrifting! You never know what you are going to find, and you deserve to enjoy the fall fashion in whatever way you decide to!

Hi my name is Karly and I am in my Senior Year at Emmanuel College. I am studying Communications with a Minor in Marketing and Writing. I plan to someday work in marketing and live in Boston. In my free time I love to walk around the city, read, get coffee, see my friends and family. For a fun fact, I have my Cosmetology License!