6 Movies to Bingewatch Before Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

1. Mom’s Got a Date With a Vampire (2000)

The most underrated Disney Halloween movie by far is Mom’s Got a Date with Vampire. Staring three of the most recognizable sitcom stars of the 90’s and 2000’s. (Mr. Sheffield from The Nanny, Sam McGuire from Lizzie McGuire and Hilda Spellman from Sabrina Teenage Witch), the Hansen kids are sadly grounded and they try to get rid of their mom for the night so they can sneak out of the house. Mistakenly, they set their mom up with a handsome mysterious man who turns out to be a vampire. Now it is up to the kids with the help of a vampire hunter to save their mom from this enigmatic vampire.

2. Tower of Terror (1997)

One of the hidden gems of all the Disney movies, The 1997 Tower of Terror.  The beginning scene of this movie would scare me so bad as a child. It starts out in 1939, five people disappeared in an accident aboard the elevator of a luxury hotel. Steve Guttenberg stars as Buzzy Crocker, a once-respected reporter who after publishing a false story is now working for a sleazy tabloid and his niece go to investigate what exactly happened at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

3. Now You See It (2005)

Aly Michalka, star of Cowbells and Keely from Phil of the Future (nostalgia central), plays an aspiring producer, Allyson, whose job it is to find the best new young magician, and she luckily finds Danny Sinclair. As the show progresses, Danny uncovers something sinister going on pertaining to the host of the show, Max. It is up to Danny and Allyson to save the mansion and themselves from Max’s wrath.

4. Halloweentown (1998)

The Piper clan along with their mother and grandmother (Debbie Reynolds) use their supernatural powers to help save Halloweentown. Marnie along with her family fight are the only thing that can stop Halloweentown from being only a distant memory. Marnie, Dylan and Luke along with Aggie and Gwen fight against the evil warlock Kalabar.

6. Twitches (2005)                 

I wonder if everyone was obsessed with Tia and Tamera as much as I was as a child. Everytime I see them it reminds me of sitting in my house in the morning as a child watching Sister Sister. Twitches has a very similar plot to Sister Sister (that is why I love it so much). Nothing is better than seeing twins fight against the evil Thanatos to save the world.

6. Hocus Pocus (1993) Hocus Pocus is considered an absolute Halloween staple. Every year you can count on seeing the Sanderson sisters plastered all over social media and on millennials television sets or laptops.

Hi I'm Angela McPhee, I am a Communications and Media Studies major with a minor in Marketing. I love being active (physically and mentally ), but also I love those days where you literally dont move from your bed and just watch the Office.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.