5 Makeup Tutorials to Save You From Buying a Costume

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Looking for a way to impress everyone with your amazingly scary Halloween costume, but don’t want to spend unnecessary money on something you’ll only use once? Some fancy, scary makeup is definitely the way to go. Halloween makeup lets you work out your skills, or gain some, with the makeup you already have while adding a few more pieces. You definitely don’t need to buy anything new. Use the makeup you already have in new ways and find out what a great MUA, makeup artist, you already are.

Pulled Up Skin Demon

Want to terrify everyone during Halloweekend? Try out this scary, pulled up skin makeup look by NikkiTutorials! Nikki is great at explaining how to achieve your preferred look and entertaining the whole time! Follow her instructions explicitly, or just follow along at your own pace!

IT Pennywise Look

Are you slightly obsessed with this year’s biggest scary movie, IT? Now you can be it. Or not. You can be a clown, by taking just bits and pieces from James Charles’ explanation of how to pull off this scary Halloween look! I promise everyone will be dying to know how you got your lipstick all the way to your forehead!

Queen of the Dead

Want to be a Queen for Halloween, but not your typical pretty princess? Turn yourself into the Queen of the Dead with this makeup tutorial. You’ll have everyone who passes you bowing down to your royal makeup skills!

Half Skull Face

Looking for something a little more doable? This look requires some fancy handy work, but is worth the entire two hours it probably takes. You’ll be able to match this makeup look to any outfit you decide since it’s only two colors! You’ll be the best half dead person all Halloween!

Deer Tutorial

Looking for something a little sweeter for your Halloween makeup look? Try to turn yourself into a deer in this easy look! You’ll have everyone you pass doing a double-take to see what outfit you’re sporting!

Try these fun makeup looks or just draw inspiration from them! Youtube is home to every makeup tutorial you could ever imagine. Get creative in your searches and try out something you thought you could never accomplish! Makeup is for experimenting and having fun. If it doesn’t work out all you have to do is wipe it off! Happy Halloween!

Ashley is a senior studying English Communications and Media Studies at Emmanuel College in Boston. Currently, she acts as the President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Emmanuel chapter. In the past, she acted as the Public Relations Director for the 2017-2018 year. She loves all things PR and in her spare time enjoys watching cute ads on Youtube.
Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.