This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

As Thanksgiving has passed, my mind is completely focused on Christmas now! As someone who loves the holidays and spends the season trying to soak up as much festive energy as possible, I try to utilize the amount of holiday-related activities Boston has to offer! Here is a list of the events happening around the city to get you in the holiday spirit. 

1. Boston Common Tree Lighting – Dec. 2nd 5pm-8pm

The annual tree lighting will be occurring this year, as always, in Boston Common with the tree coming from Nova Scotia, Canada! There are always vendors selling hot chocolate, live music performances and it is the perfect event to start the official Christmas season! The tree is planned to be lit moments before 8pm.

2. The SoWa Christmas Market – Dec. 3rd-12th (times vary by day)

Located at the SoWa Powerstation, this annual event has been running for 6 years and is deemed one of the best in Boston! This market has an array of food, drink, and artisan shopping options perfect for a date night or a friend outing.

3. Snowport – Ongoing until Jan. 2nd (times vary by day)

This European style winter holiday market sprawls across 88 Seaport Blvd and is the perfect weekend activity to get you in a festive mood! The market features 100+ small businesses selling art, jewelry, home goods, apparel, and other crafts, plus seasonal treats such as hot chocolate, warm waffles, craft beer and more!

4. Boston Women’s Market Holiday Pop-Up – Dec. 4th 12-5pm

The Boston Women’s Market will be hosting a holiday pop-up event at Time Out Market this upcoming Saturday! Go peruse tables of women-made handcrafted holiday goods, such as candles, jewelry and more accompanied by local live music!

5. Ice Skating at the Frog Pond

A New England winter staple, the Frog Pond in Boston Common is the perfect place for skaters of any skill level to go enjoy an evening on the ice! Times vary by day with the full schedule online, but the rink is open daily for skating.

Enjoy the holidays, and I hope this list helps you make the most of this year’s festive season!

Madyn is a senior at Emmanuel College and studying English with a focus in writing and communications, as well as pursuing an art history minor. She loves all things vintage, Hozier, One Direction, and her cats. She is the 2021-2022 President for the Emmanuel College chapter!