galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

22 Things I learned Before I Turned 22

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Not to be the Taylor Swift fan in the room but I am turning 22. So please allow me to indulge myself and bestow upon you some things I have learned at this point in my life. 

1. It’s better to have a few good friends that care about than a bunch of friends who couldn’t careless.

2. Tea is better than coffee. I will die on this hill.

3. Sleep in. You deserve it.

4. But don’t stay up late on a school night, you will regret it at your 8 am class. 

5. I know you’re broke but go to that concert. The experience will be worth it. 

6. Cooking by yourself is not fun so invite your friends and have a dance party in the kitchen while you burn your food. 

7. Have a staple shoe in your closet that you can wear everyday. 

8. The Lion King is right, Hakunna Matta is a good life’s motto. 

9. Get that tattoo, your mom will forgive you. 

10. Pet all the dogs you see. They deserve the world. 

11. Buy a comfy sweater. Specifically from Aerie—their fabric is nice. 

12. Pasta isn’t bad for you. Go ahead and make that Penne. 

13. Always have a fun fact about yourself at the ready for any potential ice breaker you may be part of.

14. Knowing useless information isn’t so useless, join a trivia team. You’ll win a lot restaurant gift cards. 

15. You were a different person in high school and that’s ok. Change is good, but don’t forget what got you here. 

16. Disney Channel Original Movies are a work of art and should be taught in film class. 

17. Life’s too short to wear matching socks. 

18. Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. 

19. Don’t stress about a bad test grade, it will mean nothing once you graduate. 

20. Go to a chiropractor and get that back fixed. 

21. Enjoy your clear skin while you have it because once finals come it will be gone. 

22. As Taylor Swift says, “everything will be alright.”

Caroline Ferrari is a senior at Emmanuel College and is majoring in Communication and Media Studies and minoring in Politcal Communication and Writing. She is the Treasurer for Her Campus even though numbers have scared her since 4th grade math class. She is the pop culture expert on her family's trivia team and her Netflix account is her most prized possession. Her ultimate dream is to work for Entertainment Weekly so people have no choice but to listen to her opinions on movies and tv shows.
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.