This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Working retail can absolutely be hell on earth but there is one thing that makes it a little easier: memes. Memes are hilarious, relatable and make you feel less alone. And trust me you’re not—there are so many of us suffering in retail with you. Especially with the holidays just around the corner, we could all use a list of funny retail memes. 

So, if you work in retail or have ever had a retail job then you will surely relate to these memes below, and if you have never worked retail, then hopefully these memes will remind you to always be nice to retail workers.

The dreadful two minute before closing…

The customer who’s rude AF!

The holidays…

It’s that wonderful time of the year…

The know-it-all customer…

Watching a customer destroy something you just straightened

That feeling when you lock the doors…

The customer who thinks you give a damn that their rude ass is out the door 

Answering the phone…

“Can I speak to your manager?” 

No words for customers like this, only screams…

The fake face you gotta wear 

That feeling when…

The last-minute hot mess customers who are rude to you 

You want a return? Bring the receipt PERIOD!

Weekends…

Amen

Just saying, the customer is truly almost always wrong 

That moment when…

Raise a glass 

To all my fellow retail workers out there, I hope this list brought you a little laughter and joy, and may we all survive this holiday season. 

XOXO

Elise Kline

Emmanuel '20

Elise is currently studying as an undergraduate at Emmanuel College in Boston with a major in Communications & Media Studies. This is her third year with Her Campus and she is more than ready to adventure into another year of all things related to politics, social justice, empowerment, lifestyle and more! She loves writing, watching rom coms and kickboxing!
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.