This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.
  1. Welcome to New York- One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston

New York is quite literally a character in this book, so it’s the perfect companion to this song about the city that never sleeps.

1. Blank Space- Book Lovers, by Emily Henry

City girl who serial dates, meets her grumpy work place enemy in an idyllic small town, need I say more?

1. Style- Magnolia Parks, by Jessa Hastings

For all the fashion girlies, this one is for you. Magnolia and B.J. will never go out of style.

1. Out of the Woods- A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas

I actually can’t talk about this book without spoilers, but just know, that they are definitely in the woods

1. All You Had to do was Stay- Happy Place, by Emily Henry

Literally Wyn and Harriette, like all he had to do was stay!!!!

1. Shake it Off- The Summer of Broken Rules, by K.L. Walther

This book and song is just good vibes, and there are so many Taylor Swift references in this book!

1. I Wish You Would- Before We Were Strangers, by Renee Carlino

Two people who broke up and cannot for the life of them find a way to come together, quite literally this song.

1. Bad Blood- Fourth Wing, by Rebecca Yarros

The female main character of this book is a badass and Taylor is a badass. Therefore this song equals this book.

1. Wildest Dreams- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Both this song and this book give all the Old Hollywood glamor vibes.

1. How you get the girl- Practice Makes Perfect, by Sarah Adams

Fake dating between a sweet flower shop owner and a famous pop star’s hot bodyguard!!! Now that is how you get the girl!

1. This love- The Song of Achilles, by Madeline Miller

This book will make you sob, this song will make you sob.

1. I know places- These Violent Delights, by Chloe Gong

Romeo and Juliet retelling set between rival gangs in Shanghai, where the heirs of each gang are in love with each other? Yeah, I’d say they need some places to hide.

1. Clean- Everything I know About Love, by Dolly Alderton

An emotional book for an emotional song.

1. Wonderland- Once upon a Broken Heart, By Stephanie Garber

Alice and Wonderland retelling!!!

1. You are in Love- Love and Other Words, by Christina Lauren

This song is Macy and Elliot’s love story, I will not hear any criticism on this subject.

1. New Romantics- I Kissed Shara Wheeler, by Casey McQuiston

Southern Highschool kids tackle identity, romance, and taking over their schools’ graduation. They are literally the new romantics!

Megan Seaver

Emmanuel '24

Hi my Name is Meg I'm a freshmen at Emmanuel College. Some things I'm interested in writing about are feminist issues, politics, and current issues around the world.