11 Songs for the Girl with Newly Found Independence

Music is life. Simple as that, you know it, I know it, the world knows it. If you’re the kind of girl who has a spotify playlist dedicated to pumping you up, here are 11 songs you NEED to add to it. They are #lifegoals for any lady with newly found independence, I promise, you won’t be disappointed.

1. Tove Lo, “Cool Girl” (Lady Wood)

2. Kesha, “Woman” (Rainbow)

3. Britney Spears, “How I Roll” (Femme Fatale)

4. Oh Land, “Renaissance Girl” (Wishbone)

5. Noah Cyrus, “Stay Together” (NC 17)

6. Lady Gaga, “Scheibe” (Born This Way)

7. Alanis Morissette, “Hand in My Pocket”  (Jagged Little Pill)

8. Lana Del Rey, “Lolita” (Born to Die)

9. Taylor Swift,  “Blank Space” (1989)

10. Beyonce, “Daddy Lessons” (Lemonade)

11. Dua Lipa, “New Rules” (Dua Lipa)

For all of you strong, independent women, you deserve to rock out to something that makes YOU feel empowered. Don’t let the b*stards get you down! Rock on ladies.

Makenzie is a current Senior at Emmanuel College studying Communications + Media Cultural Studies and Performing Arts. (Try saying that three times fast...) She's been a part of her school's Her Campus chapter since it's very first semester, and has been chapter advising for 2 years. Makenzie is also a National Writer for HC's beauty section, Campus Trendsetter, and former HC Community Development Intern. Makenzie is incredibly excited to be finishing up her last semester as Co-Campus Correspondent of HC Emmanuel. Interested in joining yourself? Hit her up anytime!