This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

Hands down, Huskies are THE best dogs. Here’s why…

They are so freaking cute 

As someone who grew up around huskies, I may be biased, but there is no denying that Huskies are downright adorable. Their fluffy coat, unique markings, bushy tail, and stupidly cute smile will have you catching feelings so fast.

They will keep you active 

Their exuberant energy is contagious and they LOVE to be active. It can be exhausting, but they truly are excellent fitness buddies.

They get excited about absolutely everything 

Some dogs don’t get as excited when you celebrate with them—not Huskies. They get excited about absolutely everything and it’s incredibly validating. So, when you throw your dog a birthday party or do anything extra for them, you best believe they will doggone appreciate it.

The love whole-heartedly 

Huskies treat their loved ones like members of their pack. They will love and protect you with all of their hearts, and honestly, everyone deserves to be loved like that.

They absolutely love the snow 

You can let them outside to play and sleep in the snow and they will stay be completely content for hours upon hours. While some dogs refuse to go outside in the cold, Huskies will immediately bolt out the door and charge into the snow.

They are SO cuddly 

Huskies LOVE to cuddle. They are the biggest teddy bears and who doesn’t want a dog that loves to cuddle?

They ARE the emotional support everyone should have 

Huskies are very intuitive and very aware of your feelings. They can sense when you are in need, and they will immediately try and comfort you. Youtube “huskies trying to comfort babies” and try not to smile. I guarantee you won’t be successful because it IS the most pure hearted, touching experience to witness.

They are adventurous 

Never a dull moment as a husky parent, that’s for sure, but that’s one of the best things about having a husky.

You’ll always have a good story to tell

Huskies are incredibly intelligent, and when they make up their mind to do something, they are going to find a way to do it no matter what. Whether they are bouncing off the walls, making funny faces, making a mess, or finding the most creative ways to get into trouble, you will always have a story to tell.

Their loyalty 

Even when their mischievous spirits leads them to run away, they always, always, ALWAYS come back.

Trust me. Once you have a husky dog, you will never want another dog.

Elise Kline

Emmanuel '20

Elise is currently studying as an undergraduate at Emmanuel College in Boston with a major in Communications & Media Studies. This is her third year with Her Campus and she is more than ready to adventure into another year of all things related to politics, social justice, empowerment, lifestyle and more! She loves writing, watching rom coms and kickboxing!
Carly Silva

Emmanuel '21

Carly is a senior at Emmanuel College pursuing a major in English Writing, Editing, and Publishing, as well as Communications and Media Studies. She loves to write and has a particular fondness for poetry. Carly also loves reading on the beach, playing music, and hanging out with her dog, Mowgli.