Style > Beauty

YouTube Beauty Stars You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As trendy Emersonians we all are on the search for the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty. To help you keep up I have highlighted some of YouTube’s best and brightest stars of the beauty world. These lovely ladies provide makeup tutorials, product reviews, and hairstyle how-tos, all in the form of vlogs. Just think of them as your super knowledgeable, beauty-conscious new friends!

Michelle Phan (MichellePhan)

Michelle Phan is one of YouTube’s most well-known beauty personalities. Her videos focuse almost exclusively on makeup. Michelle’s tips and tutorials range from basic, like a fresh, five-minute face, to specific and wild, like her Lady GaGa-inspired transformation. If you’re wondering what makeup to wear to that special event, check out Michelle’s channel– chances are she has a video on it!

Samantha Maria (BeautyCrush)

There’s only one word to describe Samantha Maria, aka Beauty Crush: adorable. From her British accent to her sweet, bubbly personality, Samantha and her videos will pull you in! Though she’s most definitely a beauty maven, her channel is very diverse in terms of content. Sam will teach you how to do your makeup like some of today’s hottest celebrities, but she also touches on fashion trends, hairstyles, and product reviews.

Elle Fowler (AllThatGlitters21)

Elle’s channel is very beauty-focused. She talks makeup, beauty products, and nail polish. The great thing about Elle is that the looks she features on her channel range from experimental and crazy (think rainbow and emerald eye shadow!) to neutral and classy. Her most recent video is the perfect lead-in to summer: a bonfire on the beach tutorial. Elle’s channel is full of practical, pertinent tips, perfect for any college girl.

Shannon is a journalism major at Emerson College, where she is involved in many different organizations ranging from social media and writing to fashion and styling. Originally from New Hampshire, she loves Boston and one day wants to work for a news station in either Boston or New York City.
Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.