Which ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Character You Are, Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Aries: You are Amelia Shepherd

You live for freedom and independence, much like Amelia. Be careful; your love of living in the moment may cost you more than you think. Your impulsiveness is another attribute that relates you to this incredible neurosurgeon, and sometimes it really works to your advantage. You’re a bit of a daredevil as well, just like Amelia when she decided to take on an inoperable tumor. Amelia went through her rough patches, much like you have, but she doesn’t let that stop her.  She is strong and independent, just like you.

Taurus: You are Ben Warren

You are extremely stubborn but stay cool under pressure. You aren’t afraid to make decisions by yourself, although, much like Ben, there may be consequences to these actions if you are not careful. You are hardworking and this pays off as you get more experience (and a lot of impromptu emergency surgeries with little to no medical supplies). Your overconfidence can sometimes get the better of you, but others’ well-being is always your first priority.  

Gemini: You are Derek Shepherd

You are extremely extroverted and make friends just about anywhere (possibly at Joe’s?), just like Derek. While you are easy to get along with, your success can sometimes go to your head. You can come across as arrogant, though you are very good at what you do. You are quick to adapt to the situation at hand, much like this world-class neurosurgeon. You’re always one to try and lighten the mood, and even when you are tense, you are still capable of getting things done.  

Cancer: You are Miranda Bailey

Miranda Bailey is most definitely the mother of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, much like you are seen as a mother figure by those in your life. Your kindheartedness and loyalty are defining aspects of your character, much like Bailey. You would stop at nothing to protect your friends and family, sometimes coming across as over-emotional in the process. Much like Bailey, you have build up a hard exterior to protect yourself from the outside world. Despite this, you still act as a mother figure to your peers and make sure they are safe. You are able to sympathize better than all the other signs, so you feel the pain of others tenfold in comparison to others. People see you as powerful because you do not accept anything less than perfection from those around you.

Leo: You are Lexie Grey

You are a very warm person who enjoys making friends, much like Little Grey. You generously use your talents (photographic memory?) to help others, even at the sake of your own success. Much like Lexie, you are faithful to the one you love and you find it difficult to move on from that – but I mean, who would want to forget about Mark? You are broad-minded and excited to learn everything you can in order to be successful one day.

Virgo: You are Maggie Pierce

You are very modest and tend to be more analytical than the rest of your peers. You read much deeper into things than most people. You want to complete tasks well, and usually without the help of others. You have no patience for sloppy work and are a bit of a perfectionist. You are reliable and practical, but you also tend to worry over the little things too much, just like Peirce does. You are loyal to the people you love and expect the same from them. Even when they break that trust, you are usually willing to grant them forgiveness. You like to please the people around you, and when people don’t appreciate what you do for them, it upsets you more than your peers of different astronomical signs.  

Libra: You are Meredith Grey

You are the one who weighs all of your options, much like Meredith does. You are easy to get along with because of your kind nature, but are also prone to putting up walls for protection. Sometimes you find it difficult to make decisions, but only because you want to ensure that you make the right one. After all, if you act impulsively you may find your hand stuck in a body cavity with a bomb. Your easygoing attitude could get you into a lot of trouble if you aren’t careful, but much like Meredith’s patients, the people around you will be drawn to your kindness. You learn through your relationships and it helps to strengthen you as a person.

Scorpio: You are Jackson Avery

You are full of passion and perseverance, much like Jackson. You want to show the world what you can do, and you will push yourself to do your best. You sometimes come across as mysterious because you do not tend to share a lot of information about yourself, much like Avery when he was first introduced. You tend to withdraw from the world around you and hold your feelings in, and can sometimes come across as jealous, though it is only because you care so much about the people you love. Your determination and intuition are guiding forces in your life.

Sagittarius: You are Mark Sloan

You are always on the lookout for a new adventure, whether that means leaving your practice and moving across the country or simply going for a ride in your car. You would also travel for a loved one, much like Sloan did when he followed Addison to Seattle. You are overly confident in everything you do because you know you’re the best there is (you may even start a group like the plastics posse). You are very straightforward and honest, much like Mark was with his feelings for Lexie and Addison (and just about everyone else too). You are very optimistic and live in the moment, but be careful, your optimism could lead to your downfall (and a very sad season finale).

Capricorn: You are Cristina Yang

You have ambition that never dies and all you want is to be successful, much like Cristina Yang. You have a strictly disciplined life, but that’s not to say you aren’t well-liked. You enjoy helping others, and while you find it difficult to find humor in situations, your practicality gives you a gift unlike any other. Though you sometimes seem to lack sympathy, you have a unique ability to detach yourself from your emotions. You still have a soft spot for your loved ones, but you won’t let it stop you from achieving your goals. Even though you love “your person,”  your career comes first and you will stop at nothing to reach the top.

Aquarius: You are April Kepner

You are adventurous and independent in nature just like April. Sometimes you are a little too trusting in others. You are not afraid to travel far away to get what you want and you don’t like to be told what to do. You strive to change the world with your personality and you won’t sit on the sidelines when you can partake in the action. Much like Kepner in trauma training with Owen, you won’t take no for an answer and will stop at nothing to succeed. You would do anything for the people you love. Though she is a force to be reckoned with in the trauma room, Kepner has a soft spot for the people she loves, which is what makes her (and you!) so lovable.

Pisces: You are George O’Malley

You are full of creativity and interested in trying out unconventional methods (like open-heart surgery in an elevator). You are full of life and excitement, and you don’t let anyone bring you down. You can be sensitive, but this adds to your ability to understand others and connects you to people on a deeper level, like George was able to connect with his patients. You tend to go with the flow, much as George did when he decided to join the army. You are sensitive and compassionate. You, like O’Malley, are the kind of person that people admire, not only for your strength, but for your undying devotion to making the world a better place.

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.
Emerson contributor