Where to See the Leaves Change in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Right now, New England fall foliage is at its peak, though it may not seem like it when you’re surrounded by buildings in Boston. Don’t let the city fool you, as there are plenty of places to see the beautiful red, orange and yellow leaves near campus! Check out these 5 places in and around Boston that you should visit to take advantage of fall in New England.

Arnold Arboretum

How far from campus? 30 minutes

Directions: Take orange line from Chinatown to Forest Hills, then walk along the Arborway for 10 minutes until reaching the main gate.

Boston Common/Public Garden

How far from campus? Probably 1 minute

Directions: Walk straight out of any Emerson building (besides Paramount) and look directly in front of you!

Blue Hills Reservation

How far from campus? 30+ minutes

Directions: Take the red line from Park Street to Ashmont Station, then take bus #240 outbound and get off at the intersection.

Olmsted Park

How far from campus? 30 minutes

Directions: Take green line from Boylston Street to Heath Street and then walk .5 miles!  

The Esplanade 

How far from campus? 20 minutes

Directions: Walk straight through the Public Garden to Beacon Street, cross the street and walk over the orange bridge!

Emerson contributor