oh nojpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
oh nojpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Kait D\'Souza

What’s in My Bag: A Concert Checklist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Going to concerts is a huge part of my college experience. There’s nothing more fun than getting lost in good music while dancing with my friends in the pit. Here are the top things that go in my bag that are essential to a good concert experience. Special tip: if you don’t want to open your bag at admission, bring a clear one.

Portable Charger

The last thing you want is for your phone to die while you’re trying to document your experience for social media. A portable charger is perfect for making sure you’re at full power for the whole night so you can snap perfect pictures for Insta.

Spare Cash

Sometimes the merch table is just too beautiful to resist. Making sure to have some cash in your bag is essential for concerts since some venues don’t take card. Bonus: if you only take the amount of money you’re willing to spend, you won’t be tempted to buy more than you can afford.

Water

This is venue dependent, but if the location your concert is at allows you to take water in, be sure to pack some because they always charge top dollar for it when you’re tired from vibing out to your favourite artists. Check ahead of time to make sure the venue allows it.

Comfortable Shoes

I made the mistake of wearing heels to a concert. While the thought of a couple of extra inches so you can see your favorite singer better is hard to resist, the pain of standing for hours in heels is not worth it. Comfortable shoes are so important, especially if you’re going to be moshing in the pit.

A Tall Friend

Concerts are always more fun when you have a tall friend to look out for you and make sure you have a good view of the stage. I would have never been able to see anything in the pit without my tall friend there to help me out, tall people are such lifesavers.

With these things in your bag, you’re ready to take on any concert.

Cats, spaghetti, and the Oxford comma.
Emerson contributor