freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Valentine’s Day Bear Everyone Is Talking About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Well, people, plush is out and foam is in.

Let me back up. Teddy bears are as symbolic of Valentine’s Day as the turkeys are to Thanksgiving (except most people eat the turkey and hug the bear). This year some companies have reinvented the common plush bear and combined it with another Valentine’s staple: roses. People are obsessing over this handmade “luxury bear” made of over 100 foam rose flowers. From afar they look real, but upon closer examination, the popular gift appears to be a huggable, lifelong gift. The most popular companies featuring the product are Don Avalon and Amor Bear, with the latter being a bit more budget friendly.

Is it a little extra? Maybe. But it’s also pretty damn cute.

Amanda R

Emerson '19

Amanda is a Senior at Emerson College pursuing a degree in Journalism. When she's not busy with school or her part-time job, she enjoys reading dystopian novels and trying new vegan brands. She requires a constant intake of caffeine and carbs to survive. She's traveled to 19 countries in two years and her future will (hopefully) include more world travel and writing about what she loves.
Emerson contributor