This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The city of Boston has so much to offer, and a major part of that has to do with food. Boston’s food scene has everything to offer; from deliciously unhealthy fast food-style restaurants, to the very finest of fine dining—and everything in between. In addition to lunch and dinner options, Boston also has a huge selection of breakfast places to serve that particularly type of craving. Here are a few of our favorites.

North Street Grille

229 North St., Boston, MA 

I was first introduced to North Street Grille on a food tour of the North End, and I have been hooked ever since. While the menu doesn’t go with the typical cuisine found in this particular section of Boston, it is delicious all the same. Whether it be pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs and more, North Street Grille has something for everyone. My enthusiasm for the joint is shared by many, considering that there is almost always a line. So be sure to get there early and stick it out, because the food is definitely worth the wait.

The Friendly Toast

1 Kendall Square b3101, Cambridge, MA

35 Stanhope St., Boston, MA

All of your breakfast desires can be found at The Friendly Toast, and even better, they can be found all day. So whether you are looking for pancakes for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, pancakes for dinner or maybe all three, The Friendly Toast is the spot for you. Not only do they have delicious breakfast all the time, but they also have just opened a new location in the Back Bay, making it that much easier for people in the area to make the trip.

The Paramount

44 Charles St., Beacon Hill, Boston, MA

667 East Broadway, Boston, MA

The Paramount is a completely different type of breakfast experience. Upon arrival, you wait in a line until you get to the counter, where you order your food and watch it be prepared before your eyes. Once you have paid and received your food, then, and only then, can you sit down. So there is no saving seats while you wait. The restaurant almost brings me back to the elementary school lunch line, except with infinitely more delicious foods.

Trident Booksellers & Café

338 Newbury St., Boston, MA

Trident Booksellers and Café is special for its ambiance as well as its food. Part bookstore and part breakfast, you get the best of both worlds. You can enjoy your breakfast and finish it off by purchasing a brand new book to read. Next time you’re there, try the french toast – it’s delicious!

Emerson contributor