Style

Top 5 Places to Find Affordable Clothing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Looking cute on a budget can be hard, especially when dealing with the stress of classes and the anxiety of having to pay for everything. Let’s face, it school is expensive enough and having to deal with finding affordable clothing can be hard. But that’s why I’ve compelled this list to help you out!

1.) Thrifting

Thrifting is one of the best ways to both save money and help the planet. It’s putting old clothes to good use, helping stop the contribution to fast fashion, and it’s extremely affordable. Some of my favorite thrift stores are GoodWill and Savers!

2.) Forever 21

Forever 21 has up-to-date fashion at very reasonable prices. It also has exceptional clearance section.

3.) Walmart       

Walmart has a bad rep, but has a lot of dupes on popular clothing items that you’d find at any expensive retailer.

4.) Primark

Primark has some of the cheapest clothes I have ever seen, and it  also has some of the cutest clothes I have ever seen! Primark doesn’t have quite as many locations as the other stores, but they still have X number of stores in Boston!!

5.) Target                   

Target  is similar to Walmart in that it has lots of cheap clothes that are dupes of popular clothing items. 

Amber Davis

Emerson '21

Amber is a sophomore journalism major at Emerson College
Emerson contributor