This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

“I’ve got money on my mind, money on my mind.” – Sam Smith, “Money On My Mind”

As college students, I think we’ve all got money on our minds, and if you’re a self-proclaimed beauty guru, you might find yourself wishing those Sephora goodies cost a whole lot less. No worries, I’ve gathered my five favorite beauty products that cost just a pretty penny.

*Disclaimer: All prices from Walmart

Carmex Lip Balm (under $2)

Simple and iconic—the only lip balm that keeps my lips moisturized all winter long. Get the one in the little jar with a yellow lid.  

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder ($3.97)

Perfect for keeping your face shine-free. I suggest getting the shade ‘Transparent’; it looks natural and doesn’t cake. Keep it in your bag for quick touch-ups throughout the day. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in Shade 104 ($4.97)

This is my favorite drugstore lipstick. It lasts for ages and I think the color would suit any skin tone. There are many other shades in the Kate Moss line if you want to be a bit more daring.

Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara ($4.44)

Keeps your brow game going strong all day.

Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Strengthening Shampoo ($3.97)

I had my doubts about Pantene until I tried this product. It’s by far the best shampoo I have ever used. It leaves my hair feeling light, soft, and shiny. For under $4 it is worth a try.

Stay fabulous, and check out these “fab five.”

Bitsy Skerry is a freshman at Emerson College majoring in Marketing Communication. She loves all things fashion and has a personal style blog, Bits of Style (www.bits-of-style.blogspot.com). Her style icon is Audrey Hepburn and her favorite movie is The Devil Wears Prada. Bitsy plans to work in the fashion industry.
Emerson contributor