This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I found these incredible casts so that you don’t have to.

Shark Tale

Shark Tale was the movie that started it all for me. Had I not noticed that the cast of Shark Tale was so impressive, this article would not have come to fruition. This cast is astounding. The lead fish is voiced by Will Smith. After that, the cast consists of Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie, Ziggy Marley, Jack Black, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Doug E. Doug, Katie Couric, and many… many more. The movie truly encapsulates Hollywood in 2004.

Over The Hedge

Another early 2000s animated movie with an unnecessarily stacked cast. Possibly more impressive than Shark Tale, Over The Hedge features names such as Garry Shandling, Bruce Willis, Steve Carell, Wanda Sykes, and Avril Lavigne. William Shatner, Allison Janey, Paul Butcher, Ariel Winter, Eugene Levy, and Catherine O’Hara also hold roles as secondary animals. 

Robots

Once again, this cast speaks for itself. Ewan McGregor, Robin Williams, Mel Brooks, Amanda Bynes, Jennifer Coolidge, Halle Berry, Drew Carey, Paula Abdul, Stanley Tucci, Al Roker, Jay Leno, Randy Jackson, Simon Cowell, need I say more? This cast is absolutely insane. If this cast was in a live action film, it would break the box office. But since the film is animated and about robots, almost no one even knows what it is.

Monster vs. Aliens

If you’re like me, you completely forgot this movie existed, but I bet you’ll take another look after seeing who is in it. Who stars in this incredible animated film about monsters against aliens? Rainn Wilson, Reese Witherspoon, Seth Rogen, and Will Arnett. If that wasn’t enough, it also features Stephen Colbert, Paul Rudd, John Krasinski, Amy Poehler, Ed Helms, Renee Zellweger, Jimmy Kimmel, and Rob Letterman. 

Happy Feet

Happy Feet definitely has a more modest cast compared to the others on this list. It still deserves a spot though because of Robin Williams, Elijah Wood, and Hugh Jackman. Brittany Murphy and Nicole Kidman also have significant roles in the movie about a dancing penguin. Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Steve Irwin, P!nk, and Sofia Vergara all make small appearances as well. 

Epic

Epic should be named Epic simply because of its cast. It is a 2013 dream. Starring Josh Hutcherson, Amanda Siegfried, and Beyoncé, this film does not disappoint all the way down the cast list. Apart from the main characters, Epic also features Aziz Ansari, Steven Tyler, Cristoph Waltz, Chris O’Dowd, Pitbull, Danny Elfman, and Blake Anderson.

Rio

Anne Hathaway, Jamie Foxx, Jesse Eisenberg, Leslie Mann, Jermaine Clement, George Lopez, will.i.am, Tracy Morgan, Jake T. Austin, Jane Lynch, Wanda Sykes, Bruno Mars, Kristen Chenoweth, Natalie Morales, and Janelle Monae. Is this a list of celebrities at a red carpet event? If you’re at the premiere of Rio then yes. This cast is absolutely stacked with notable celebrities from all over Hollywood. Newscasters, musicians, and serious actors all came together to create this animated film in 2011.

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs

This movie also has a modest cast, but it should still be mentioned. Starring Bill Hader, Anna Faris, Andy Samberg, Neil Patrick Harris, James Caan, Al Roker, and Lauren Graham make vocal appearances in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. 

The Lorax

The Lorax has recently re-entered popular culture and for good reason. It features Zac Efron, Ed Helms, Danny Devito, Taylor Swift, Betty White, Rob Riggle, Jenny Slate, Chris Renaud, and Willow Smith. The Dr. Suess based movie kills it in the impressive cast department.

Bee Movie

This movie may be a little more obviously star-studded, but it is still just as impressive. With names like Jerry Seinfeld, Renee Zellwegger, Patrick Warburton, John Goodman, and Ray Liotta, the Bee Movie features many iconic actors and actresses of the 20th and 21st centuries. Even deep into the lesser known characters, the cast does little to disappoint. Matthew Broderick, Larry King, Oprah Winfrey, Chris Rock, Kathy Bates, and Sting all have minor roles in the animated film about the mildly concerning relationship between a bee and a human. Regardless of the movie’s content, the cast is impressive, so think about the next time someone asks if you like jazz.

Anna Donohue

Emerson '24

Anna is a current freshman VMA major at Emerson College.
Emerson contributor