Life > Experiences

Ten Fun Things to Do During Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Although Thanksgiving is not the best holiday of the year, in my opinion, Thanksgiving break is probably one of the best times of the year for many college students. If you live close enough to home, you get to spend a few days relaxing with family and friends. Even if you stay in the college area for break, it’s still a calm few days with no classes to stress about and plenty of time to unwind and be at peace. Here are some suggestions for what to do during Thanksgiving break! Some of these tips apply to people who can go home for break, but several of them also apply to people who are staying in dorms or in the college area over break.

1. Catch up on your favorite shows! Whether you’re an episode or an entire season behind, Thanksgiving break is the perfect time to binge some TV from the comfort of your bed.

2. Read a book you’ve been interested in.

3. Listen to some new music! I always love checking out Spotify’s Discover Weekly playlist to discover unique new music selected just for me.

4. Spend time with friends, whether in person or over FaceTime.

5. Spend time with pets, if you have any.

6. Take a nap! We all deserve some rest after a long and stressful few months.

7. Catch a movie in theaters. Tons of movies are coming out right around Thanksgiving, from Widows to Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald to The Grinch to Instant Family and more!

8. Spend time with family. Stay in and cozy up with some blankets and talk or go out to a favorite restaurant (or anywhere, really) and enjoy each other’s company!

9. Exercise!

10. Volunteer in some way in your local community.

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a