bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Sweet and Healthy Desserts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Dessert is my favorite part of the day. I love indulging in chocolates, brownies, cookies and frozen yogurt. But sometimes when I am on a health kick, I don’t want to inhale the sugary delights, but still need a sweet pick-me-up. Below are a few sweet and healthy dessert recipes for your sweet tooth.

No Bake Sugar Cookie Bars

Source: The Big Man’s World

These paleo, vegan and gluten free treats will leave you wanting more! They are a simple sweet treat that doesn’t require the work or all the unhealthy amenities. It even uses vanilla protein powder to create the frosting!

Peanut Butter Blondies

Source: Joy Food Sunshine

Also vegan, gluten free and now dairy free, these peanut butter blondies are the perfect way to satisfy your Reese’s needs. It contains a chickpea base, while still incorporating delicious scoops of peanut butter and lots of chocolate chips!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Source: Amy’s Healthy Baking

Mix banana, chocolate chips and cookie batter, and you get the ultimate treat! They aren’t your typical cookies either. They incorporate a whole-wheat flour, mashed bananas and coconut sugar, which is found to be naturally sweet and better than regular granulated sugar.

Samoa Apples

Source: Delish

Bring back the Girl Scout cookies, but in a healthy way! These apples taste just like the classic treat without all the sugar and calories! Using donut shaped apple pieces, layer your desired amount of caramel and chocolate drizzle on top. It is no-bake and tastes so good.

With healthy dessert options like these, you can’t go wrong!

Emerson contributor