Summer Concerts From Coast to Coast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

We all love going to concerts, and there are more nearby you than you’d think. These are just a few of the biggest concerts for Summer 2014. 

Governor’s Ball: Randall’s Island, NY June 6-8th

This years show is packed with artists including Childish Gambino, Foster the People, Janella Monae, Tyler The Creator, and many more!

Van’s Warped Tour: Various Cities June 11th-August 3rd

Over 80 bands have been announced so far, and they’re coming to over 40 cities this year. The line-up includes Mod Sun, The Summer Set, We The Kings, and Watsky (an Emerson alum!)

Bonnaroo: Manchester, TN June 12-15th

A four-day, old-fashioned, camp-out music festival with headliners for this years show including Vampire Weekend, Kanye West, Skrillex, and Wiz Khalifa, and nearly 150 total acts.  

Party on the Parkway: Philadelphia, PA July 4th

The line-up hasn’t been announced yet for this free Fourth of July concert, but artists in the past have included John Mayer, J. Cole, Hunter Hayes, and The Roots.

Lollapalooza: Chicago, IL August 1st-3rd

While the line-up hasn’t been announced yet for this 3-day concert, the Chicago Tribune speculates that Eminem, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys, and Skrillex will headline the other 100 bands and artists that will play on eight stages.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor