Springing Free: HC Emerson’s Plans for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Come Friday, a universal sigh of relief will be heard around campus. Midterms, complete. Hello, spring break! Whether you’re heading to warmer climates, or just taking some time to relax in the city, we’re sure you’re certainly ready for a break from the books. The Her Campus Emerson staff sure is, and we’re sharing with you our plans for the next week.

“For my spring break, I will be leaving the city with a group of Emersonians to join several other students from various universities in Kentucky. Working with the Christian Appalachian Project, we will have the opportunity to build houses for families in the surrounding area. I am so excited about this experience, because I know I will learn so much about the culture and diversity of the region. I also know the trip will require a lot of hard work, especially since I’ve never built a house before. I’m confident, however, that I will find the experience to be a positive one!”
– Marissa Ericson, 2012

“I had several grand ideas of what I would do during my spring break– schedule informational interviews to really jump-start my job search, go to the dentist and eye doctor — until last Friday, when I realized spring break was a week away. It’s too late to set up anything I had hoped to accomplish, and it’s too late to plan a vacation. So, in an effort to do something worthwhile, I tried to pick up some extra hours at my part-time job. Close, but no cigar. Honestly, it doesn’t look like my spring break will be much different from any other week in Boston, except I won’t have class, and I have no excuse not to get my Tumblr up and running. My spring break is going to be pretty ‘break-y.’ Sounds horrible, right?”
– Shana Wickett, 2011

“This spring break, I am going to visit my grandparents on the West Coast of Florida. My freshman year, I went to Texas with my sorority sisters. Last year, I was in Prague. So, this will most likely be the tamest spring break I’ve ever had. I anticipate lots of tanning, a hefty amount of eating (the seafood is just so good!), and a dash of water aerobics with my grandma in between. It might not be the stereotypical spring break, but I’m definitely looking forward to lots of relaxation and fun intermingling with the over-seventies crowd. Aren’t you jealous?”
– Nikki Fig, 2011

“So, I’m not going anywhere for spring break. I think I’m most excited about that though, because I will be left with my own devices to do a spring cleaning of the cobwebs in my closet, along with the ones in my mind. I’ll still be interning, but I’m most looking forward to editing and posting content for my new WordPress blog, theFROdown.”
– Larissa Green, 2011

“I’m off to colder climates for my spring break. I’m originally from Maine, so I’m taking the opportunity to go home, recharge my batteries, and get my hair cut. With less than three months till graduation, I need to enjoy the time off and catch up on sleep while I can.”
– Lauren Landry, 2011

“Normally, my spring break consists of me, my couch, and a lot of sleep, while my friends go off gallivanting to the tropical places I’ve only dreamed of. But, not this year, because this year I got lucky. I am going to Hawaii! I know. Be jealous. I am visiting my grandparents who have a condo they ‘winter’ in and have been for the past eleven years. Aside from spending some quality time with my family, I’ll also be focused on getting a tan. It’s been a while since I’ve really felt the sun, so that’s a top priority, along with snorkeling and kayaking. It should be fun. But then again, so is anything that takes my mind off school.”
– Corey Catanese, 2014

Photo Source: http://bit.ly/frrLeH 

Nikki Fig is a Broadcast Journalism major at Emerson College. She writes, produces and reports for shows on several Emerson television stations and is a web writer for Emerson's lifestyle publication, Em Mag. She is also the Philanthropy Chair of Alpha Epsilon Phi and recently returned from a study abroad program in Israel. Nikki is graduating in May and plans to move back to New York City. She wants to pursue a career in journalism that will enable her to combine her love of fashion, travel and culture.