This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As the seasons change so do our TV schedules! This spring, check out the hottest returning shows as well as promising new series.

Returning Shows

Once Upon A Time: ABC March 1st at 8pm EST

The midseason finale of ABC’s fairytale drama Once Upon a Time gave more problems than solutions, as Rumplestiltskin was forced out of Storybrooke and teamed up with the trifecta of villains: Maleficent, Ursula and Cruella de Vil. With more villains than ever, fans can expect more drama and disaster to plague the heroes than ever before. Also, the writer of the mysterious Storybrooke storybook just might be revealed.

Mad Men: AMC April 5th at 10pm EST

This spring comes the end of the Don Draper era, as AMC’s Mad Men is set to air its final seven episodes. While fans have created many conspiracy theories about the series ending, very few clues have been offered up. Looks like you’ll just have to wait and watch!

Game of Thrones: HBO April 12th at 9pm EST

The fourth season of Game of Thrones ended with a lot of change. Tommen has become King of the Seven Kingdoms after the death of his tyrannical brother Joffrey. Bran finally reached the Heart Tree and learned he will fly. Tyrion and Varys escape to Essos, while Arya also crosses the sea to Braavos. Plus, the season finale ended in the slaughter of many core characters. This new season will force the remaining character to adapt to their new world and to the chaos around them, as the war for the Iron Throne continues on as bloody as ever.

New Series

Battle Creek: CBS March 1st at 10pm EST

This new drama will star Josh Duhamel and Dean Winters as FBI and Detective duo who set up shop in Battle Creek, Michigan. Duhamel will play handsome, positive and courteous Special Agent Milton Chamberlain, while Winters will take on the role of cynical and old school Detective Russ Agnew.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Netflix March 6th

The whole first season of Tina Fey’s new comedy The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt will be streaming on Netflix March 6th, with a second season already picked up. The show will follow Kimmy Schmidt, who is freed from an “underground apocalypse cult,” as she attempts to rejoin the real world in New York City. Kimmy soon finds herself rooming with a street performer and nannying for a snobby mom.

One Big Happy: NBC March 17th at 9:30 EST

The new television sitcom produced by Ellen DeGeneres is all about a different kind of family. The show follows lesbian Lizzy and best friend Luke who decide to have a baby together. Fool poof plan, right? In steps Prudence, a free-spirited British girl and possible love of Luke’s life. Things get complicated and funny as these three learn to live together.

Daredevil: Netflix April 10th

Netflix’s new television series enters the Marvel universe. The series, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, a lawyer-by-day who fights crime at night as Daredevil. This is the first in a series of shows that will lead up to a Defenders crossover. All episodes of the first season will premiere on Netflix on April 10th.

These shows, both returning and new, are perfect to add to your spring television lineup!

Lindsey Paradis has loved Boston all her life, and coming from a small Western Mass town she’s had time to enjoy it. Now at Emerson as a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major, she has more than enough time to take in the beautiful city. When she’s not working with preschoolers, Lindsey finds herself writing stories, hanging out with friends, reading her way through Game of Thrones, and watching Sex & the City.
Emerson contributor