Spring Fashion: Our Clothing Cravings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Earlier last week, temperatures snuck into the sixties, and we at Her Campus Emerson couldn’t have been more excited. For months, we’d been dreaming of the clothes we had tucked away in the back of our closets; the clothes we had to hide because we knew we’d get too emotional if we pulled them out and it started snowing the next day. Here’s what we’re most looking forward to revealing this spring:

“These fabulous suede ash-brown booties I bought at Marshall’s in Florida for $20.00.  Thank you designer deals and (barely) disfigured products!”
Larissa Green // Senior // Writing, Literature & Publishing

Photo credit: Shopbop.com

“I’m excited to implement some color back into my wardrobe, like this top from Shopbop. During the wintertime, I only wear gray, black, and navy, so I’m ready to put on some yellow, orange, and red. I’m especially excited to wear hot pink. In the past, I’ve steered away from pink, thinking it was too ‘princess-y,’ but a lot of stores and designers are displaying fresh new ways to wear the color this season.”
Michelle King // Sophomore // Writing, Literature & Publishing

“Last summer, I bought this white high-waisted skirt covered in a large, orange floral print for less than $25 at ZARA in New York City. I seriously can’t wait to wear it on a nice, 70-degree spring day spent in the Public Garden.”
Shana Wickett // Senior // Print & Multimedia Journalism

Photo Credit: Nordstrom.com

“I love my floral romper. It’s cozy, super wearable, and it reminds me of something I would wear as a little kid, in a playful, whimsical sort of way. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough to take my dog to Central
Park, wearing nothing but my romper, some wedges, and a funky fedora.”
Nikki Fig // Senior // Broadcast Journalism

Photo Credit: nessakei on Etsy

“A girl who reads my blog asked if I’d write a post about her friend’s Etsy shop. As a present, she gave me this gorgeous floral lace mini-bib from the line! I’m also excited to break out my rompers this season. My large cardigan collection will make them perfect for spring.”
Lorena Mora // Junior // Writing for Film & TV

Photo Credit: Nordstrom.com

“I bought a pair of wide legged jeans about three years ago. As much as I love them though, I always felt like people were staring at me funny, because the denim trend has continuously been skinny. When I saw that wide leg pants were trending this spring, however, I got really excited, because now I can wear mine without getting strange looks.”
Corey Catanese // Freshman // Marketing Communication

“I am beyond excited to pull out my sun dresses and start wearing them sans tights. I hate tugging at tights all day, but in the spring I don’t have to. I have this great Charlotte Ronson yellow sundress I bought last year at JCPenney that I’ve been dying to wear with my leather jacket and black ballet flats for a bit of ‘sweet meets street’ look.”
Lauren Landry // Senior // Writing, Literature & Publishing

Shana Wickett is a senior Print & Multimedia Journalism major at Emerson College with minors in Leadership & Management and Publishing. She is co-web director for Emerson's lifestyle magazine and a social media intern at Children's Hospital Boston. She previously was a city desk co-op at The Boston Globe and a news intern at The New Haven Register and Hersam Acorn Newspapers in Connecticut. She enjoys drinking too many macchiatos, singing loudly when no one's listening, dancing whenever possible, and learning how to cook a mean tomato sauce (slowly but surely). After graduating in May, Shana would love to manage and write web content for a company in Massachusetts or Connecticut, where her family lives.