Style > Beauty

Spring Beauty Releases to Add to Your Shopping List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Spring is a great time for beauty brands to release new collections. After all the dark, vampy tones of fall and winter, the new bright colors of spring are a breath of fresh air. Here are some of my top picks for spring beauty!

KL Polish: Ethereal Garden Collection

This nail polish brand from Kathleen Lights, a popular beauty blogger, has six perfect shades to make your mani pop. It has all the pastels that make you think of spring. My favorite color is “Charmed,” a pretty duochrome pink-to-blue color. 

Colourpop: Butterfly Collection

The packaging of this makeup collection is adorable, with flashy colors and pretty butterflies adorning each box. The collection includes six shades of Lippie Stix, eight shades of Lux Lipstick, a set of six Super Shock Shadows, and eight individual Super Shock Shadows. I’m most excited for the set of Super Shock Shadows; the color scheme is beautiful and will work so well together.

Wet n Wild: Goth-O-Graphic Collection

Wet n Wild put a unique spin on spring beauty by combining gothic images with holographic makeup. The full collection includes highlighters (two powders and one stick), four shades of metallic liquid lipstick, four liquid eyeshadows, and three shades of liquid eyeliner. I love funky highlighters, so the powder highlights are definitely on my list.

Tarte: Mermaid Collection

This Mermaid Collection is giving me more summer vibes, but it’s all available now to get you ready for the warmer months. This is a huge collection, including an eyeshadow palette, brush set, body and face jewels, H2O serum, brush cup, magnetic palette, mascara, lip gloss, lipstick, lash curler, false lashes, and hair items. The packaging is beautiful and perfect for summer, and the brushes look particularly adorable.

There are still many brands teasing at the launches of their spring collections, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled for the latest additions to the beauty world!

Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College, concentrating in publishing and minoring in psychology. Avid defender of cats, coffee after dinner, and young adult books.
Emerson contributor