This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Though it doesn’t feel like spring, and we definitely can’t dress like it’s spring, your hair is the one thing that you can update regardless of the weather! Take a look at these spring hair trends that can give you a fresh new look for the new season!

Style

Loose Waves

Loose waves always give off the effortless look of natural beauty and they’re very easy to create! All it takes is a pump of volumizing mousse and a 1-2 inch curler or curling wand to get the perfect loose waves.

Newhairpins.com

Crimping

Most of us can remember the days when we would go to school with a full head of frizzy, crimped hair- and now we look back at those pictures and cringe. It’s safe to say that we were doing it wrong. Crimping is totally in right now and fashion guru Stella McCartney is proving that with a low, partially crimped ponytail.

Allure

Color

Dark Brunette

Are you a blonde that’s struggling with the decision to keep the light hair for spring? Well, Adriana Lima’s dark hair might be the inspiration you need to take the plunge and go brunette.

Cosmopolitan.com 

Ombre

It’s been almost four years since ombre hair has entered our lives, and four years later it is still on trend. Throughout these years the ombre look has totally transformed and is seen on many with blonde, brunette, and even pastel hair. So whatever color hair you have at the moment, there are many different types of ombres that could work for you!

Glamourmagazine.com

Cut

Lob

It comes as no surprise to many of us that the lob is totally in right now! Elle Fanning is doing it, Emma Roberts is rocking it, and it looks absolutely stunning on January Jones. If there’s any “right time” to cut your hair and try the lob, it is definitely now!

HarpersBaazar

Emerson contributor