Snow Storm Essentials For Your Dorm

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Blizzards and snowstorms hit Boston often in the winter. When they do, you’re stuck in your dorm unless you really want to brave the cold and ice. For those of us who take snow storms as a chance to relax and cozy up in our dorm, here are 5 essentials that you should think about stocking up on before the first snowflake falls. 

1. Hot Cocoa or Coffee

You’re going to want a warm drink when the snow flurries start coming down, so stock up on your favorite hot chocolate and coffee while you can. To add to the fun, get some extras like caramel sauce or sprinkles and have a mini hot cocoa bar with your friends. 

2. Snacks

The cold is perfect snacking weather. Try making a fun trail mix, like a s’mores one filled with peanuts, pretzels, marshmallows, graham cracker bits and mini marshmallows. 

3. Fuzzy Socks and Blankets

It’s freezing outside and inside. Instead of cranking the heat up, sometimes it’s fun to snuggle up with multiple blankets and a pair of cute fuzzy socks. 

4. Activities

Adult coloring books are so in right now, and you can’t go wrong with a good book (or Netflix). The possibilities are endless. 

5. Candle/Wall Plug-ins

Something about a snow storm makes you want to light a few candles and soak up the scent. Since candles are against dorm rules, try a wall plug-in or room spray. 

Have fun and stay safe this winter season! 

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor