Smokey Eyes in Six Steps!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Going away for Spring break and need a change in your usual makeup routine? Here is a detailed and simple way to achieve the perfect smokey eye for a night out.

Step 1: Put white in the inner most 1/3 of your eyelid.

Step 2: Use a medium gray on the rest of your eyelid.

Step 3: Use a black (or dark gray) in the crease of your eye. Make a V with the black along your upper lash line.

Step 4: Use the white again on your brow bone. Then use the same brush to blend all colors on your lid. Don’t be shy about blending it; this step is what neatens the colors on the lid.

Step 5: Use the black (or medium gray) on your bottom lash line. Smudge it with your finger.

Step 6: Apply eyeliner along upper lash line. How thick or thin is your preference. A cute addition is a winged-eyeliner. Smudge the eyeliner with a smudger (attached to the other end of a pencil eyeliner) or Q-tip.

Step 7: Finish with a layer of black mascara.

A special thanks to Noelle Plourde for offering her makeup skills.

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.