This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Time to ditch the sandals, collegiettes. Fall has officially arrived, and while it means sweater weather and pumpkin spice lattes, it also means being more careful about your shoe choice so that you’ll be prepared for more extreme forms of weather. Here’s a quick list to get you started.

1. The Riding Boot

They go with so much, from leggings, to jeans, to dresses. The riding boot is a nice fall staple to keep you comfortable, trendy and warm.

2. The Fashionable Sneaker

This is not to say you have to don your gym shoes when you want to go outside, but a cute sneaker has comfort and support, and usually isn’t too fragile when it comes to weather.

3. The Bootie

A cute bootie is a great addition to any fall outfit. They’re not as tall as riding boots, but still give you the boot feel, usually with a little heel. They’re a great way to class up an outfit without sacrificing shoes that can’t hold up throughout the season.

4. The Combat Boot

Combat boots are a great way of keeping it casual while still wearing shoes appropriate for the weather. Cute, comfy and stylish, combat boots go great with leggings and jeans. 

Emerson contributor