Save the Date! Upcoming Generator Workshop by Generic Magazine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

What’s the last book you read and liked? Did it make you wish that you could write a story like that? Have you been dying to write a new genre-fiction piece, but you don’t know where to start? Interested in getting some inspiration for writing to submit to Emerson’s lit mags?

Tomorrow, January 30, at 7PM Generic is hosting their Generator Workshop! So grab your friends, grab your writing materials, and go to Walker Building, Room 504 ready to get your creative juices flowing!

Generic Magazine is Emerson’s only genre-fiction exclusive literary magazine, and it’s one of the three branches of the Undergraduate Students for Publishing (Pub Club). You can check out past issues of Generic magazine here.

Source: Facebook

So, what will be happening at the event? Editor-in-Chief of Generic Magazine, Melissa Close, will be guiding those attending through prompts to help you start new fictional pieces that you will (hopefully) continue to develop after the workshop. This event is a great chance to find a starting point for your writing if you’ve been wanting to create something new but haven’t had the motivation to start something yet or if you’ve had something in mind but you haven’t been able to figure out where to start.

Interested in what the workshop itself will be like and what the prompts will be, but you can’t make it to the event tomorrow? No worries, the event will be live-tweeted by yours truly, so you can check back on Generic’s Twitter when it’s convenient for you! But do what you can to make it to the event! You’ll have way more fun if you can go in-person, trust me!

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor