This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s launch season! The end of the semester is here, which means it’s time for Pub Club’s biannual book launch event. Each semester, Emerson’s Undergraduate Students for Publishing Club publishes two manuscripts from Emersonians, and the entire publishing process is powered by students. After a semester’s worth of hard work, you’re invited to the Bill Bordy Theater to celebrate fall 2019’s books on Wednesday, December 11 at 7 PM!This semester, Pub Club is proud to present Thoughts & Prayers by Owen Elphick, a poetry collection that grapples with gun violence, and As Most Things Are by Hannah Kelly, a coming-of-age short story collection. You can purchase the books for $8 each using cash or Venmo, and all proceeds go to charities of the authors’ choosing. Each sale of Thoughts & Prayers will support March for Our Lives, and proceeds from As Most Things Are will be donated to Planned Parenthood.

The book launch will have a Q&A with the authors, readings from the books, and of course, plenty of refreshments. You can also pick up a free copy of Generic, Emerson’s genre-fiction exclusive literary magazine! Be sure to check out the book launch Facebook event for more details, and we can’t wait to see you there!(All photos courtesy of Undergraduate Students for Publishing)

Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College, concentrating in publishing and minoring in psychology. Avid defender of cats, coffee after dinner, and young adult books.
Emerson contributor