Save the Date: LionThon-Being Kids, For The Kids

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Looking for something to do on March 23rd?  Why not donate to charity and dance the night away?  Alpha Phi Omega is hosting LionThon from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM in Center Stage! The event will be open to the entire Emerson population, and believe me, you don’t want to miss it!  

Alpha Phi Omega has planned events for the evening like trivia and Dance Dance Revolution, and they are giving away a ton of unique prize!  The goal is to be a kid, for the kids, so the theme of the night is a 90s-2000s throwback complete with music, snacks, and games from the time period

For those of you who aren’t aware, Dance Marathon is a national charity program that hosts events all over the country. The event at Emerson will include hourly activities and performances in an effort to raise money for children with pediatric illnesses. All proceeds from this event will go to Boston Children’s Hospital.

Now the important question: how much does it cost to attend?  The cost of registration, which includes dancing, snacks, games, and the chance to win prizes, is $10 per person with promo code DANCE. Without the code the entry fee will be $20 per person.  They will also be accepting cash donations as well if you prefer to register that way! There are also various prizes for teams that fundraise money beyond their registration fee, so if you would like to form a team and fundraise for the good of the children, here is your chance!

Even if you are not able to attend, please consider donating to the cause anyway, because it truly is worth every penny!  You can donate to the organizations here.

Talia is the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. Talia is also a Chapter Advisor, Region Leader, and HSA Advisor. She has previously worked as an intern for the national headquarters of Her Campus in the community management department. Talia is a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major at Emerson College in a 4+1 combined bachelor's and master's program in publishing. She is an aspiring writer and publisher. Talia is known for living life with her journal, a pen, and three lovely cats.