Save the Date: 7th Annual Boston Teen Author Festival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re in Boston and you love YA books, then you’re in luck! On Saturday, September 22 Boston Teen Author Festival, Inc is hosting their 7th Annual Boston Teen Author Festival (BTAF)! The festival is free and it will be taking place from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM at 449-459 Broadway in Cambridge (the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School and the Cambridge Public Library).

While a free YA event is amazing in and of itself, the festival also has a bunch of awesome YA authors lined up to speak at panels and sign books! This year’s lineup is made up of 32 authors including Holly Black, Dhonielle Clayton, and Malinda Lo. For a full list of this year’s author lineup, you can check out the page from BTAF’s website here.

Photo Credit: Mei Lin Barral Photography

So bring your own copies of books to get signed by your favorite authors! And what if you discover a new fave there and want to get a book from them signed too? Worry not, because Porter Square Books, BTAF’s indie bookstore partner will be selling copies of books from all the authors present! So come to the festival prepared to bring half your weight in books home!

If you’re planning on spending the whole day there (like I am) and you’re wondering what you should do for lunch, you can either bring your own, purchase food from food trucks that will be at the festival, or purchase food from a nearby location. There will also be BTAF merch there apart from the YA books that you can purchase that day! If you want to get a little more background about the festival, you can check out my coverage of last year’s Boston Teen Author Festival here!

Need a final reason to convince you to visit the festival? If you’re a proud Emersonian you should go to support founders of BTAF Renee Combs and Marisa Finkelstein, as they are both Emerson Alumni!

Get together with your other YA fan friends and bring them to the Boston Teen Author Festival, because honestly what would be a better way to kick off fall than with YA authors, YA books, and YA fans?

Senior at Emerson College. WLP: Publishing major. Double minoring in Latin American and Latinx Studies, and Marketing Communications. Aspiring managing editor. Bookworm (especially when it comes to YA). Disney Geek. Ravenclaw.
Emerson contributor