Quick Costumes You Can Pull From Your Closet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner – but with midterms in full swing, you might’ve forgotten about picking up a costume. What can you possibly come up with when you only have a few days to spare? If you have no idea where to start, here are 5 quick options that you can pull straight from your closet!

1. Morton Salt Girl

Go as the iconic model on the Morton Salt container! For this look, all you need is a yellow dress and/or raincoat and an umbrella. Carry around the container with you (or print out the label and glue it to any can you have!) and impress everyone with this simple but completely recognizable character!

2. Rosie the Riveter

Grab a blue button-up, tie your hair up with a red bandana, and voilà…you’re done! Roll up your sleeves and display your ‘guns’ to show how women can do it too, no matter what ‘it’ is!

3. Wednesday Addams

Have an old black dress lying around that you don’t really use anymore? Throw it on with a plain white button up underneath to simulate Wednesday Addams’ memorable collar and braid your hair for this simple costume. Use some white face paint to make your skin seem ghostly pale for an added bonus!

4. Where’s Waldo?

Take a red-and-white striped shirt and pop the lenses out of an old pair of 3D glasses for an easy look that’ll have everyone yelling, “There’s Waldo!” To complete this easy look, top it off with a red or white beanie.

5. Comic Book Character

This look is a lot easier than it may seem at first glance! Simply use black face paint (or eyeliner!) and line the outline your face (go over any sharp angles and your eyebrows), and then fill in with white dots for a really cool look! Pair with bright clothing (primary colors work best!) and you’ll be sure to ‘pop’ out of the crowd! Finish by adding any extra details to your makeup to make it look however you want it to!

part-time princess, full-time trash, one-time model
Emerson contributor