This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Who doesn’t love a classic pink lip? We’re not talking about hot pinks, corals or reds—those are great for summer. For spring, you simply need a soft pink swipe of color to finish off your makeup look and you’re good to go. Here are the best products to get that pretty pink lip. 

1. Lip Balm

If you’re tired of Chapstick, then L’Oreal Colour Riche lip balms are for you. The gold packaging makes it look like a lipstick, but the product is not nearly as heavy. The scent and flavor is a yummy vanilla, and the smooth feel is hydrating and soft on the lips. The sheer tint of pink will fade faster than a lipstain, but for an on the go lip, this is perfect. 

2. Lip Liner

If you want your pink lips to last super long, try lining your lips first. NYX’s retractable lip liner in Pinky Beige is a gorgeous hint of color that creates a nice baby pink look. This lip liner isn’t too drying, so try dabbing a bit of gloss or balm on top. You’ll be set for a while, without any lipstick needed over the liner! 

3. Lipstick

If you’re a lipstick fiend, you have to try the Too Faced Melted Metal Liquified Lipstick in Peony. This is not your ordinary cream lipstick for any time of the year. This is a very unique high shine, goes on glossy lip miracle that feels like butter on your lips. You don’t need to layer any balm or gloss with this, so swipe it on and you’re all set.  

4. Lipgloss

If you’re a lipgloss girl, you know how hard it can be to find one that lasts long and has a good shine and texture. Luckily, we’ve found Urban Decay’s Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss. Buy this in the shade Liar—we’re not lying when we say this is the most beautiful color for springtime lips. 

5. Lip Crayon

If you want to feel like a five year old again, buy a large lip crayon. These are great for makeup beginners or anyone who wants quick and easy lip shine. Nars’s Satin Lip Pencil in Stourhead is a bright light pink that would look great on any skin tone. 

Which product suits you best? HCXO!

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor