Places that Satisfy My Sweet Tooth in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Here are my favorite places to treat myself to dessert in Boston!

Boston is filled with many options for exploring your sweet palette! I associate desserts and sweet treats with comfort, excitement, and celebration, and the options within this city never fail to satisfy my cravings. Each place I recommend has its own unique flavor that suits various occasions from distressing from school, to support on emotional days, to celebrations! These places add a sweet end to a savory night.  

Sweet Waffles + Boba

If you are someone who enjoys sweet breakfast items like waffles, you will be blown away by the fresh, and handcrafted Belgian liege waffle pops from Sweet Waffles + and Boba. This restaurant brings the basic waffle and syrup to a whole new level. Not only do they serve their waffles on a stick, but they include flavors like strawberry shortcake, matcha, churro crunch, cookies n’ cream, and more! That one waffle can satisfy my sweet tooth for a whole week! The warmth of the waffle is perfect for a cold and breezy day. There is no seating since it is located in a tiny spot in Chinatown, but walking around also enhances the experience. I ordered the Cookie Monster, a waffle dipped in cookies n’ cream topped with Oreos and cookie crisps. Yes, I know that is a lot, but each bite was just as good as the first. If you aren’t in the mood for a waffle or you want to wash your waffle down with a drink, the restaurant also provides lemonades, lattes, and milk teas. I believe that everyone in the Boston area must partake in this creative and unique waffle experience.  

Amorino

After enjoying a fancy dinner from a restaurant on Newbury Street, you will want to fulfill your growling stomach for dessert at Amorino. The gelateria serves its gelato in the shape of a flower—you even have the option to put any flavor macaron in the flower’s center! You are not only enjoying its rich flavor, but also its aesthetic appearance, which is all the more satisfying. You can add an unlimited amount of flavors that are also organic. Their sorbets and gelati are gluten-free and the cones are vegan, which I keep in mind to help me feel like I am making a “healthy” dessert choice. I had the pleasure of enjoying the pistachio gelato and chocolate sorbet. If the gelato, sorbets, and macaroons aren’t enough, they also have gelato cakes and gourmet sundae cups. Eating a pint of ice cream is comforting for a night in, but if you want to enrich your ice cream experience, Amorino is the place for you. 

Georgetown Cupcakes

Also located on Newbury Street, the renowned Georgetown Cupcakes provides creative and rich flavors unique to each occasion. Their menu includes a different pack for birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, anniversaries, and other celebrations or seasonal events. The bakery keeps up with the latest trending flavors with daily and monthly specials. 

In my freshman year of college, my mom surprised me on my birthday with a pack of Georgetown Cupcakes that I shared with my friends. After we took our first bite, we knew that one cupcake would not be enough. We wanted to extend the sweet and creamy taste of the cupcakes. I highly recommend choosing this bakery to turn a special day into an exceptional one. 

https://search.creativecommons.org/photos/042397d6-fd21-4b05-9601-3a91ea9d0b56
Mike’s Pastry

Mike’s Pastry is another highly acclaimed bakery, usually filled with many tourists. It is located in the heart of Little Italy in the North End. They are most known for cannolis and lobster tails, but they have a plethora of different sweets to choose from, such as cheesecakes, tiramisu, cookies, pies, and other Italian desserts. They don’t limit their cannolis to the simple ricotta cream and chocolate chips; they expand to Nutella, mint, pistachio, chocolate mousse (my favorite), and of course, much more. Their cannolis are the perfect dessert to walk around and explore Little Italy. 

I have a large sweet tooth, and I am lucky enough to attend a school in Boston to explore its many famous dessert spots and bakeries! If you ever find yourself in Boston, I hope these recommendations will help you decide where you want to indulge in your cravings!

Hi! I'm Hannah Shemtov, and I'm a student studying journalism and psychology at Emerson College. I enjoy reporting on culture and international news and is interested in producing for broadcast.