This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Oreo balls are always a fan-favorite at my house—present at every holiday, birthday party, and rainy Sunday afternoon. It’s simple, chocolatey, sweet, low-maintenance, and requires no knowledge of baking. But, best of all for college students, it doesn’t require any cooking. Perfect for a sweet Halloween party treat!

That’s right! These frozen treats are delicious oreo filled chocolate balls. And they can even be made vegan with the right substitutes. 

Ingredients: 

1 package of Oreo cookies

1 package unwhipped cream cheese (softened to room temperature)

1 package of melting chocolates

Directions to Deliciousness:

1. Take out your Oreos. Leave in the filling. Just crush and chop them up really fine, almost like a granular powder. I use a food processor at home, but you should be able to do this in your room with a sharp knife and mincing motion.

2. Mix in the cream cheese. Make sure it’s soft enough or else things could get messy. I usually use a hand mixer at home, but you should be able to do this in your room with a normal spoon so long as you stick with it.

3. Roll the mixture into quarter-sized balls and stick on a cookie sheet. Put in the freezer for 2 hours. 

4. Warm the melting chocolates in the microwave until completely melted, mixing them every 30 seconds, to make sure it melts evenly and unburned. Coat each ball in the chocolate. Add toppings if you want. Stick back in the freezer on the cookie sheet for another 2 hours.

5. Pull off the sheet and pop in a container—or just eat them! Can be kept long-term in the refrigerator. So good!

Lilli is a Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Emerson. This is her second year as a member of Her Campus and second as a Campus Trendsetter. Lilli is a senior journalism major at Emerson College with minors in fiction and women, gender, and sexuality studies. She's a bubbly Aries who loves to keep a busy schedule, but she always leaves enough room for food, friends, and curling up to watch HGTV. Follow her on Instagram @lillircohen
Emerson contributor