This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s easy to feel completely alone when Cupid’s Day rolls around and you find yourself without someone special to share it with. Don’t let that stop you from celebrating! People seem to forget that Valentine’s Day isn’t just limited to your significant other; it’s about all the people in your life who love you. Instead of worrying about your crush in Lit 101, focus on showing all the people in your life how much you care about them.

Give out small gifts

No one is going to turn down free treats on the most romantic day of the year. Buy a pack of typical Valentine’s Day candy at the drugstore to give out right before class or just to people on your residence hall floor. Sweethearts and lollipops always go over well. If you want to give a more personal gift to your close friends or your roommate, a fluffy stuffed animal always works.

Write personal cards

Remember how fun it was back in Elementary school when you received whimsical notes from each of your classmates? Write a Valentine’s Day card to your closest friends about how much you value their friendship, but this time make it more personalized than you did in second grade. Your friends will appreciate the heartfelt gesture, especially if they’re single this year too!

Celebrate with sweets

Since you don’t have to drop cash on an expensive dinner for two this year, grab your friend group after class to get milkshakes at Boston Burger Company on Boylston St, or basically anywhere with delicious desserts.

Host a movie night

Invite all your friends to your dorm room for the night to do facials, eat heart-shaped candy and watch your favorite rom-coms. There’s no feeling more loving than spending a night with all of your girls. Opt for chick flicks that everyone hasn’t already seen. Set It Up, When We First Met and Naomi & Ely’s No Kiss List are all available on Netflix.

Juliet Norman

Emerson '22

Juliet is a Freshman Journalism major from South Florida. When she's not writing you can find her eating strawberries or reading a Jane Austen novel.
Emerson contributor