New York Fashion Week Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

New and returning trends were seen all through New York Fashion week. Here I have composed a how-to guide to some of the most popular trends of this season. Don’t be afraid to rock these because without confidence you will never be able to pull anything new off. 

Dark Brows

Dark brows were seen all over New York Fashion Week this year, especially at the Altuzarra Spring 2012 collection fashion show. It was inspired by “thick, defined, fifties-style brows…”

You can master this look by simply using a flat brush and black eyeshadow to temporarily dye your eyebrows black for a bold look. Use it for those parties where you want to turn heads and where you know people know this is an actual trend.  

Slick Back Hair/ The Wet Look

This look has been around for a couple of seasons already but fall is the perfect time to try this look because a lot of people don’t wash their hair regularly in the winter and this is a good alternative to when you’re having a bad hair day. Use a STRONG gel and slick it back with a tooth comb; by giving your hair some texture and side parts you’re set to go for the rest of the day. 

Purple Lips

MAC just unveiled a new line of plum and purple lip colors. This matte look is borderline Goth Princess but nonetheless a huge trend for the Fall. Wear it with minimal eye makeup, but it’s practical enough to wear for a dramatic day look or for a complementing night wear. 

MAC $15 Potent Fig 

Halloween Nails

Halloween may be a month away but black nail polish made it’s way back onto the fall fashion trend. Pair it up with orange for a fun and flirty look or wear them separately to give your nails a vibrant look. 

Lorena Mora is a student at Emerson College currently pursuing a degree in visual & media arts. Other interests include social media, passion tea lemonade, blogging, baby animals, spending the day at IKEA, baking cupcakes, and traveling the East Coast. An avid blogger, lorena has written for such publications as Em magazine, Her campus.com, Cliche Magazine and on her own movie-review blog, The Aftertaste. Lorena currently serves as President and Editor In Chief of the Her Campus Emerson branch.