New York Fashion Week Street Style Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

New York Fashion Week is always so inspiring, but a lot of people forget that the streets of New York City become their own runways during this time. Though it would be nice if we could all just wear couture all the time, that would be an awfully expensive habit. NYFW ‘street style’ is some of the best of the year, with people coming from all over the world with their most fashion forward ensembles in tote which are a lot easier to replicate affordably compared the high-fashion runway shows. It was hard to narrow it down, but here are a few of my favorite looks from the past week from fashion bloggers/celebrities.

Leandra Medine

credit

This outfit is so versatile. Leandra’s pairing of a baggy cropped sweater with the loud skirt is perfect, and the maroon patent oxfords add an extra pop. Her lunchbag clutch is something so different, and works perfectly with the rest of her ensemble. Check out Man Repeller for more of her posts!

Aimee Song

credit

Aimee did such a great job with pattern mixing. I’m completely obsessed with her Aquazzura sandals (and currently crying because they’re priced at $800), and her clutch is just loud enough to make a statement without overwhelming her baby pink shift dress. Check out more of Aimee’s style on her blog, Song of Style.

Shay Mitchell

credit

‘Pretty Little Liars’ star Shay Mitchell got people talking with her VMA ensemble, and is on her way to style icon status. The clean lines of this jumpsuit paired with her shimmering heels and bright red bag, was perfect attire for the Zimmerman show. To see some more of Shay’s style tips, check out her blog, Amore & Vita.

Julia Engel

credit

This outfit is so classic with a pop of skin to age the outfit down. Julia stuck with neutral tones for her top, skirt, and pumps, which really made her neon yellow clutch stand out. For more of Julia’s classic style, her blog Gal Meets Glam is updated frequently.

And then there was Miley….

credit

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor