This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I’ve always been a big fan of reading, and so, of course, bookstores are my favorite places. Although I don’t have too many independent bookstores near my hometown, I’ve been lucky enough to travel constantly throughout my life and have thus been able to go to so many amazing different independent bookstores. Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order!

Book Revue — Huntington, NY

This bookstore is around forty minutes from my hometown and is situated on a small, charming main street to a cute suburban town. Not only does it have tons of amazing books, it also has a great cafe! I have so many great memories going here with my friends from home and talking about books and our lives, and I treasure this place so much.

Trident Booksellers & Cafe — Boston, MA

Trident is one of my absolute favorite places in Boston, period! It’s filled with tons of amazing books and gifts, but there’s also an amazing restaurant to go along with it. Whenever someone visits me in Boston, I always make sure that we go to Trident.

Brookline Booksmith — Brookline, MA

I checked out this bookstore over parents’ weekend, and I’m so glad I went here. The aesthetic of this bookstore is so cute and charming, and there are so many incredible books here. There’s also a really adorable gift shop within the bookstore filled with so many wonderful different presents. I highly recommend checking this bookstore out!

The Strand Bookstore — New York, NY

The Strand is one of the most iconic independent bookstores, and for good reason. There are so many incredible books here, and I could spend hours here, just looking at everything this bookstore has to offer.

House of Books — Kent, CT

Even though this bookstore is pretty unknown, I definitely recommend checking it out if you’re ever in Kent. I stopped here on a long road trip and was surprised at just how many incredible options this bookstore held. If you’re ever in Kent, you should totally check this adorable bookstore out!

Annie Rinaldi

Emerson '22

a
Emerson contributor