Meet Sarah Maugaotega

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Sarah Maugaotega, a sophomore transfer at Emerson is not only a great example of the typical Emerson student, but also one of our biggest EmCelebs currently attending the school.

Sarah, a resident of Huntington Harbor, CA, is currently facing the cold of Boston to pursue a journalism major. She transferred from Northern Arizona University this year and lives in a small Boston apartment with three roommates: MacKincey, Wyatt and Liz.

While at Emerson, Sarah is working at Urban Outfitters to support herself. Looking like a model herself, her look is always “on point”. With eyeliner on fleek, she arrives to every 8 AM in style. You can often catch her rocking a jean-on-jean ensemble or a cozy turtleneck.

Sarah is a very proud Samoan woman who often tries to educate others on the importance of racial diversity. Last semester, she participated in the #BlackLivesMatter student protest where she was photographed for boston.com while standing in solidarity with her fellow POC.

Now, I bet you are all wondering what makes Sarah a true EmCeleb, am I right ladies? (This is Sarah’s favorite quote.) Do you remember “Friday” by Rebecca Black? Well, Ark Music Factory, the company owned by Patrice Wilson that created that music video also made one for Sarah. “Take It Easy,” released in 2010, currently has over 2 million views on YouTube. Sarah also has her own tag on Tumblr as well as several ‘fan blogs‘ dedicated to her.

Sarah Maugaotega is truly a perfect fit for Emerson and a true EmCeleb.

part-time princess, full-time trash, one-time model
Emerson contributor